OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
At Mahaton Place , your privacy is a top priority. Your privacy is at the core of the way we design and build the services and products you know and love, so that you can fully trust them and focus on building meaningful connections.
We appreciate that you put your trust in us when you provide us with your information and we do not take this lightly.
We do not compromise with your privacy. We design all our products and services with your privacy in mind. We involve experts from various fields, including legal, security, engineering, product design and others to make sure that no decision is taken without respect for your privacy.
We work hard to keep your information secure. We have teams dedicated to keeping your data safe and secure. We constantly update our security practices and invest in our security efforts to enhance the safety of your information.
We appreciate that you trust us with your information and we intend to always keep that trust. This starts with making sure you understand the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used and your choices about your information. This Policy describes our privacy practices in plain language, keeping legal and technical jargon to a minimum.
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 1, 2023
- Who are we
- Information we collect
- Cookies and other similar data collection technologies
- How we use information
- How we share information
- Cross-border data transfers
- Your rights
- Residents of California
- How we protect your information
- .How long we keep your information
- Children’s privacy
- How to contact us
For California Consumers
Please see California Privacy statement to learn about California privacy rights.
1. WHO WE ARE
Malik Global Media Enterprise LLC,
4632 S. Maryland Pkwy
Las Vegas, NV 89109
If you live outside the United States or Canada, the company responsible for your information is:
Malik Global Media Enterprise LLC,
4632 S. Maryland Pkwy
Las Vegas, NV 89109
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
It is understood, we cannot help you develop meaningful connections without some information about you, such as basic profile details and the types of people you would like to meet. We also collect information generated as you use our services, for example access logs, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account. If you want added info, we go into more detail below.
Information you give us
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with at least your login credentials, as well as some basic details necessary for the service to work, such as your gender and date of birth.
- When you complete your profile, you can share with us more information, such as details on your personality, lifestyle, interests, and other details about you, as well as content such as photos and videos. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to supply us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation, and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information
- When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a platform such as iOS or Android), you provide us or our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
- When you take part in surveys or focus groups, you give us your insights into our products and services, responses to our questions and testimonials.
- When you choose to take part in our promotions, events, or contests, we collect the information that you use to register or enter.
- If you contact our customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we check or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service
- If you ask us to communicate with or otherwise process information of other people (for example, if you ask us to send an email on your behalf to one of your friends), we collect the information about others that you give us to complete your request.
- Of course, we also process your chats with other users as well as the content you publish, as part of the operation of the services.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information, you supply us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
Other users may supply information about you as they use our services. For instance, we may collect information about you from other users if they contact us about you. Also, if a user asks us to access contacts from his/her phonebook and you happen to be one of those, we may use it to reach out to you on behalf of the user.
You may be able to use your social media login (such as Facebook Login) to create and log into your Mahaton Place account. This saves you from having to remember yet another user name and password and allows you to share some information from your social media account with us.
We may receive info about you from our partners, for instance when Mahaton Place accounts can be created through a partner’s websites (in which case they pass along registration information to us) or where Mahaton Place ads are published on a partner’s websites and platforms (in which case they may pass along details on a campaign’s success).
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which features you have used, how you have used them and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you have been using, searches, clicks, and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address, advertising that you click on) and how you
interact with other users (e.g., users you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges, number of messages you send and receive).
We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including:
- hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple’s IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’ settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address);
- information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength;
- information on device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, and compasses.
Other information with your consent
If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through various means, depending on the service and device you are using, including GPS, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi connections. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you are not using the services if the permission you gave us expressly allows such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it.
Similarly, if you consent, we may collect your photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo, video or streaming on the services).
4. COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) have a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that tells a website that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. If a website that responds to a DNT signal receives a DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many businesses, including Mahaton Place, do not currently respond to DNT signals.
5. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your info to help keep you safe and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the assorted reasons we use your information, together with practical examples.
To administer your account and supply our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about our services, including order management and billing
To help you connect with other users
- Analyze your profile and that of other users to recommend meaningful connections
- Show users’ profiles to one another
To ensure a consistent experience across your devices
- Link the various devices you use so that you can enjoy a consistent experience of our services on all of them. We do this by linking devices and browser data, such as when you log into your account on different devices or by using partial or full IP address, browser version and similar data about your devices to help find and link them.
To serve you relevant offers and ads
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, discounts, or other offers
- Develop, display and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and
- Communicate with you by email, phone, social media or mobile device about products or
services that we think may interest you
To improve our services and develop new ones
- Administer focus groups and surveys
- Conduct research and analysis of users’ behavior to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially change a given feature based on users’ behavior)
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from users).
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on and off-platform
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences
To ensure legal compliance
- Follow legal requirements
- Aid law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example our Terms
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to keep your account and your profile, to make it available to other users and recommend other users to you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our offerings, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
6. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
Since our goal is to help you make meaningful connections, the main sharing of users’ information is, of course, with other users. We also share some users’ information with service providers and partners who aid us in running the services, with other Malik Media Enterprise companies and, in some cases, legal authorities. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
With other users
You share information with other users when you voluntarily show information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful with your information and make sure that the content you share is stuff that you are comfortable being public ally available since neither you nor we can control what others do with your information once you share it.
If you choose to limit the audience for all or part of your profile or for certain content or information about you, then it will be visible according to your settings.
With our service providers and partners
We use third parties to help us run and improve our services. These third parties aid us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
We may also share information with partners who distribute and help us in advertising our services. For instance, we may share limited information on you in hashed, non-human readable form to advertising partners.
We follow a strict selection process prior to engaging any service provider or working with any partner. All our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
With other Malik Media Enterprise LLC businesses
We share your information with other Malik Media Enterprise companies to help you in two respects:
- for other Malik Media Enterprise companies to help us in processing your information, as service providers, upon our instructions and on our behalf. Aid provided by other Malik Media Enterprise companies may include technical processing operations, such as data hosting and maintenance,customer care, marketing and targeted advertising, finance and accounting help, better understanding how our service is used and users’ behavior to improve our service, securing our data and systems and fighting against spam, abuse, fraud, infringement, and other wrongdoings
- To improve your chances at building significant connections with others, we may make you visible on other Malik Media Enterprise services or allow you to receive help from cross-platform functionalities. We will of course follow applicable law and, where relevant, let you know of any such opportunity and allow you to agree or to refuse. Examples of such opportunities may include the creation of a new service within Malik Media Enterprise, addressing a specific demographic that we feel would be interesting to you based on your search criteria.
- We may also share information with other Malik Media Enterprise companies for legitimate business purposes such as corporate audit, analysis, and joint reporting as well as compliance with applicable laws. We may also share user information with other Malik Media Enterprise companies to remove users who violate our terms of service or have been reported for criminal activity and/or unruly behavior. In some instances, we may remove that user from all platforms.
For corporate transactions
We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
When required by law
We may show your information if necessary: (I) to follow a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to help in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
7. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
Sharing of information laid out in Section 6sometimes involves cross-border data transfers, for instance to the United States of America and other jurisdictions. As an example, where the service allows for users to be in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), their personal information is transferred to countries outside of the EEA. We use standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission or other suitable safeguard to allow data transfers from the EEA to other countries. Standard contractual clauses are commitments between companies transferring personal data, binding them to protect the privacy and security of your data.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
We want you to be in control of your information, so we have provided you with the following tools:
- Access / Update tools in the service. Tools and account settings that help you to access, rectify or cut information that you provided to us and that is associated with your account directly within the service. If you have any question on those e tools and settings, please contact our customer care team for help email@example.com.
- Device permissions. Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone book and location services as well as push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Deletion. You can remove your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
We want you to be aware of your privacy rights. Here are a few key points to remember:
- Reviewing your information. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we keep about you (depending on the authority, this may be called right of access, right of portability or variations of those terms). You can request a copy of your personal information by putting in such a request firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Updating your information. If you believe that the information, we hold about you is inaccurate or that we are no longer entitled to use it and want to request its modification, deletion, or object to its processing, please contact us email@example.com
For your protection and the protection of all our users, we may ask you to supply proof of identity before we can answer the above requests.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user. If you wish to receive information relating to another user, such as a copy of any messages you received from him or her through our service, the other user will have to contact our Privacy Officer to supply their written consent before the information is released.
Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore. For instance, we cannot supply our service if we do not have your date of birth.
- Uninstall. You can stop all information collection by an app by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device. If you uninstall the app from your mobile device, the unique
identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you re-install the application on the same mobile device, we will be able to re-associate this identifier to your earlier transactions
- Accountability. In certain countries, including in the European Union, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the proper data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information. The data protection authority you can lodge a complaint with notably may be that of your habitual residence, where you work or where we are set up.
9. RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
If you are a California resident, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To request this notice, please give your request firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 30 days (about 4 and a half weeks) for a response. For your protection and the protection of all our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer such a request.
10. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information. As with all technology companies, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information will always remain secure.
We regularly watch our systems for vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage, and processing practices to update our physical, technical, and organizational security measures.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please let us know immediately email@example.com.
11. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your personal information only if we need it for legitimate business purposes (as laid out in Section 5) and as allowed by applicable law.
In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deletion of your account, unless:
- we must keep it to follow applicable law;
- we must keep it to show our compliance with applicable law;
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behavior or security incidents from opening a new account.
Keep in mind that even though our systems are designed to carry out data deletion processes according to the above guidelines, we cannot promise that all data will be deleted within a specific timeframe due to technical constraints.
12. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Our services are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not allow users under the age of 18 on our platform and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please use the reporting mechanism available through the service.
Because we are always looking for new and innovative ways to help you build meaningful connections, this policy may change over time. We will let you know before any material changes take effect so that you have time to review the changes.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you live in the United States or Canada:
Malik Global Media Enterprise LLC,
4632 S. Maryland Pkwy
Las Vegas, NV 89109
If you live outside the United States or Canada:
Malik Global Media Enterprise LLC,
4632 S. Maryland Pkwy
Las Vegas, NV 89109